Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Phatties

All the traveling that I have been doing in the South West, has meant taking a lot of buses and coaches, resulting in me visiting quite a few 'service station'... I use the word 'service' very loosely.

After doing an extensive survey of these establishments, I am socked and bewildered as to why the Australian population doesn't suffer with the same rate of obesity as the USA??!!

I mean the only things that are readily available (not only in there 'service stations', but in most 'quick eats' food outlets) seems to be junk food... Fish n' Chips and Pies.

I went into one of these so called 'service' stations and asked for some fruit... 'yes... thats right... fresh fruit... you know, like apples...?'
My response from the confused cashier was... 'we don't have any fresh fruit, we don't have any apples, but we have apple cake'.

Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think...?!

Yours a very unhealthy

Sity

No comments: