Wednesday, August 30, 2006

'Goofy Feet'

Ok Ok

So I wasn't actually as bad at surfing as I imagined I would be.. In fact I have signed up for another lesson, I fear this will be another expensive hobby... Thankfully not one that I will be able to pursue greatly when I get back, unless I decide to move down to the coast (to surf for one week of the year when the sun shines... lol). (I managed to get some photos too, which should be interesting... will get them up when I get the chance)

Hung out with Dane (friend from Bali) for my last couple of nights in Byron before heading to Nimbin, it was fantastic, really laid back town with more to it than meets the eye.. I managed to get a free tour with a local guide who showed me some of the interesting things going on in and around Nimbin before taking me out to Uki where I spent the night out in the forest, in a TENT!!! It was pretty hair raising.

I woke at 3 am to start my 9k trek up the core of Mt Warning (200 million years old and was the biggest volcano in the Southern Hemisphere) in pitch darkness!!! One of the scariest things I have ever done (considering you can chuck me out of a plane I reckon that's saying something) I was in the Mt Warning rainforest for 5 hrs on my own and only managed to relax when I reached the top (around 1500 meters above sea level) for sunrise. The trek back down wasn't too bad, I saw some awesome views, once again photos just don't do it justice. The 200m sheer rock climb was pretty challenging but rewarding to say the least.

Not sure what I'm doing next so watch this space for an update

xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! just thought i would comment on the surfing lol! well.....now that it looks like im gonna be living in brighton for the next 3 years u better get pretty good at surfing so u can come down and teach me at weekends...init!
love ya