Monday, August 14, 2006

Nocturnal Newcastle

Terry picked me up from the train station in Newcastle, and it has been pretty much 'go' since then.

People said that there's not that much to get up to in Newcastle, (and to be honest after Sydney, I was quite looking forward to that), but I think that the locals would disagree, by day it maybe rather chilled out, but by night it's a different story altogether!!!

Terry took me to play Bowls... Lawn Bowls... yeah that’s right... I played Lawn Bowls... something I said that I wouldn't do until I retired, if I made it that far. It was good fun and I net some of Terry’s friends. It was also Annett’s (Terry's mum's) birthday so we met her for a drink and some dinner... I thought it was gonna be a quiet family dinner, only to find that Annett's partner coaches the Newcastle Women’s Rugby Team, and they had just won their cup final that day. So we had a couple of drinks with them... The whole rugby team.. and let me tell you that those girls can drink... 2 words... 'shot off'
I also got invited to the 21st party of AJ and Lucy, where I met loads more of Terry's friends who made me feel really welcome.... so thanx guys.

Yesterday I wondered round Newcastle and took in the sites... Newcastle beach is beautiful, and the waves are awesome, apparently some of the best surfing on the South Coast... maybe I'll have to check it out :o/
I also visited Port Stephens really pretty and chilled out.
Gonna try and see some Koalas today at the Newcastle Nature Reserve... will let you know how it goes.

Must give a MASSIVE shout out to the McLeod's for feeding me, and putting me up.. or do I mean putting up with me... hmmm?!

Also have to say Happy Birthday to Richard (Terry's dad), (an awesome cook by the way), who shares the same Birthday as ME!!!

Should be interesting!

;o)

No comments: