Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Marvelous Melbourne

Melbourne is the kind of place I feel like I could live…

It reminded me a lot of London, very cosmo, but also more spaced out.

I hung out and stayed with my mate Brad (someone I met in Taiwan) for 4 days, and we did some awesome stuff together… The Melbourne film festival was on so we went to watch one of the quirky films that were showing… ‘The Piano Tuner of Earthquakes’, it was pretty good to be honest… very deep… took all my brain power to focus… yeah yeah!
Anyway went to watch ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 2’ as well (nothing to do with the film festival) and did most of the touristy things. It was great ‘cos I had my own personal guide who knows the city well, so I managed to get most things done in a couple of days.
There’s some cool art work going on in Melbourne too, so I tried to get some pics of that.

One night we were walking back to the flat, and were met by a bunch of possums… I think I have a possum sixth sense, ‘cos for some reason they were attracted to me. I’ll get some photos up when I get the chance. Anyway one of the little f’ckers bit me… you’ll be pleased to know that it didn’t draw blood, but it bit me hard enough to realize that I wasn’t a nut…?! :o/ and leave a nice trail of possum saliva on my finger… eeeeewwww

From Melbourne

xx

No comments: