Monday, January 15, 2007

Peaceful Puerto

Ok so I have a little more time now, but a doggy Spanish keyboard, so excuse the lack of puntuation.

So....

Mexico was cool.. soaked up the Spanish and Myan culture and tried to become syncronised with the pace of life although citys and towns varey greatly. Getting on the Metro has got to be one of the scariest and funniest tings I had ever done... I pretty much had to launch myself into the crowd of poeple bulging out of the train doors. I swear the locals looked at me and thought that there was no way that I was going to try and squeeze on like them, and that I would just stand back and watch as train after train passed me by without any space to breath... sod that... I was gettin on. Im sure that some people were impressed so much so that I had an old dude grab my arse, several times... can you belive it... I wont go into gory details, but I can tell you that I am emotionally scared by the experience.
And Michael wasnt much help... he just lauged... Thanx Mike
I have to admit though that it was kindda nice to have someone that spoke Spanish around for my first few days in Mexico, I was a bit shell shocked and it really helped, so thatx anyway Micheal.
Took in some Aztec ruiens before heading to Oaxaca were spent the day strolling around the beautiful city and some awesome art museums before hitting the beach at Puerto Escondido... it was absolutly beautiful and exactally what I needed after being in the cold of Chicago... They are having ice storms at them momeent, sounds like I left at just the right time... its 28 degrees in Mexico now... perfect weather for the beach.
Im in San Cristobal a laid back arty town in Central Northern Mexico... Heading up towards Cancun and Playa del Carmen next... itching to dive again and I hear that it is up there on the MUST dive list, so guess the next time you hear from me will be from the East Coast, where I am also hoping to enroll in a Spanish class. Watch this space...

Till then

xx

p.s. Bye Michael.. had a fantastic time hangin out with you, thanx for everything, and nothin... missin you already

xx

No comments: