Saturday, January 27, 2007

Gangsta Guatemala

I can tell you that crossing the boarder from Belize Cayo to Guatemala was a ´special´ experience indeed.
I fought corruption and refused to pay the ´entrance fee´ into Guatemala. I can tell you that the boarder guards were not impresses with my behavior, but the rest of the tourists were, after a lousy threat and the safe return of my passport, I was sent on my way 10 quetzales better off.

I did however have my camera stolen later on in the day, but hay ho, what´s a girl to do.

Never the less, I really like Guatemala. It´s beautiful, the people that I have met are kind and they seem to have a good sense of humor. I´m staying in Flores which is beautiful and I visited the Tikal ruins today which were breath taking.

Heading to Antigua tomorrow to take some Spanish lessons and check out some volcanoes... not quite sure how that is gonna work out, but I guess I´ll let you know when I do.

Catch ya lata crazy kidz...

p.s. Have to say a big thanx to Bob for lending m,e his camera today... cheers mate

p.p.s. I was right about the Lamanai Ruins in Belize, there were a lot of Mozzies, but worst still bees. I got stung for the first time EVER!!!

No comments: