Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Caribbean Caye Caulker

After the strangest bus journey yet, I arrived in Belize City.
Coincidence of coincidences, Tim the Ozzy lad I met in Playa Del Carmen, just so happened to get on the same bus as me, accompanied by 2 additional Ozzys, Paul and Steve, so the four of us decided to combine forces and travel together for a while.

We ended up in Caye Caulker, a small island off the east coast of Belize. More than anything I loved the people and the life style there. Everyone was super friendly and chilled out, and it was easy to get caught up in the 'sitting around doing nothing rut'. Aside from doing just that me and the boys did manage to organise a party at out shack and after a hard days fishing the guys came back with the grub and set up a mean BBQ... all in all a success... If I remember correctly?!

I did also however manage to get some more diving under my belt... Dive the Cenote at the world famous Blue Hole where I had my deepest dive yet... 40 meters... I have to admit that I felt a little narced not necessarily a bad thing. Anyway it was some of the best diving I have done to date!

One thing that strikes me most about Belize is their modes of transportation here... from strobe lit buses in the dark, to crazy ass boats not to mention the cars, aka Gold Buggies... anything seems to go.

Ok so at the moment I'm in Orange Walk, heading to The Lamanai Ruins tomorrow via the jungle river, should be mosquito infested, just the way I like... mmmmm?! :o/

Anyway watch this space..

will upload photos next chance I get

From Belize

XX

No comments: