Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cool Cairns

My 5 days in Cairns has been awesome...

I booked myself on to a 'Liver-Aboard' for 3 days and crammed in loads of diving on the Great Barrier Reef, as well as managing to dive the Yonglla.. Finally!!!

The 'Liver-Aboard' was fantastic, got certified as an 'Adventure Diver' and met loads of like minded people to party with. The staff and crew were great and once we were back on dry land, we hit Cairns hard.

The Journey back from the Boat moored out on the Reef had to be the highlight though, we were lucky enough to be in the company of a Mother Whale and her Baby heading South, 2 months late!!! They should have left the waters around Cairns ages ago, they were sooo close it was mind blowing!

I also did a day trip to Cape Tribulation, which was beautiful and The Oldest Regenerating Tropical Rain Forest in The World', The Daintree.

I've really been cramming in the tourist stuff 'cos I felt like I've been a bit of a bum of recent, but the past 4 days have more than made up for it.

I leave Oz in the morning and I must admit that I will be sad to say good-bye. My time here has been fantastic and I've met soooo many great people that I will miss.

I have to say one last Massive thanx to everyone that I have interacted with here again... you have all been so warm, friendly and hospitable, and if you should ever find yourself in my neck of the woods, be sure to look me up.
Those of you who I have planned to meet up with I hope to see you in the not so distant future, and for those of you whom I fear I will never see again... Take it easy and keep in touch.

From Oz... Over and Out

xx

No comments: