Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Heavenly Hervey Hitch Hike

Number 1 on 'The Most Random' thing to have happened to me on this trip so far....

Hervey Bay was beautiful as was fraser Island, but I didn't hang around there for too long. After meeting a couple of ladies from Brisbane and dining with then, I got chatting to a guy who happened to be the captain of a $6 million boat... He was heading North to Airlie Beach which was my next stop, so I jumped on board for a 2 day boat trip along the east coat of Oz stopping off in a couple of places along the way... It was amazing lots of Whales and Dolphins, not to mention a life of luxury... I struck gold I can tell you... We traveled around lots of Islands along the way and The Whitsunday's, and I kayaked yesterday too, it was sooo beautiful.

I'll get photos up as soon as I can!!!

I was sad to leave Brisbane and think about it all the time though... My 2 weeks there were bloody strange too.. anyone who met me would agree I think!?
I've been in Airlie beach for the past 4 days, and I can tell you things haven't been much calmer here.. In fact today I even have the shakes...

I met a group of lunatics on my first night here, who befriended me, and won't let me leave, I've pretty much been partying with them. We had a house party last night and things got messy.. thus the shakes and feeling a little worse for ware..

Bumped into one of my friend from Thailand (Finn from Master Divers) today haven't seen him for 3 months... random!!! Am gonna meet up with him for dinner tonight... Never ceases to amaze me how small the world really is!

Heading to Townsville tomorrow, where things should calm down a bit... I hope???

Till then...
xx

No comments: