Sunday, October 01, 2006

A Random Sequence of Events

So far Auckland has been great...

As usual have met some fantastic people... Kiwi's are just as great as Ozzy's although I fear that they would be offended to hear it.

It has been pretty much downhill since I landed in Auckland and got chatting toa couple of Irish lads (Dan & Rob) who talked me into coming to stay at their backpackers (seeing as I didn't have a clue where I was going)... 'Irish'... say's it all!!!

I also met a couple of girls from Manchester (Jo & Chirsty) who are in the process of picking up a campervan to drive to Christchurch over the next 3 weeks... we hit it off soooo well, that they have asked me to join them on their travels... so I will be on the road for the next 3 weeks... Not sure how this whole camping thing works, but I'm sure I'll suss it out eventually. The girls have just arrived from Fiji where they actually made friends with some guy's from Auckland. We hung out with them over the weekend at the 'Auckland Sea Food Festival'... good music, good food and good company. The lads invited us to a couple of house party's this weekend, which we hit hard and then I even managed to make it to 'The Sunday Session' where I went to watch their band play... I have to admit they are pretty good!!!

As far as the touristy things go, I haven't really done much apart from The Auckland Museum, The Sky Tower and the Sea Food Festival. I've been focusing my attentions of mixing it up with the locals, and I think I've done a good job, even if I do say so myself... who said Aucklanders were stuck up?!

From Auckland...

p.s. I managed to put a nights work in at the backpackers I am staying at too, for room and board... First days work in 6 monts... almost killed me... Oh yeah, was my 6 month anniversary of being on the road yesterday... Can't belive I've made it this far!!!

xx

No comments: