Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Kicking Queenstown

Queenstown was pretty mad...

I hiked up to one of the look outs to see some stunning views of the city as well as have a couple of goes on the hill side Luge ride, take in a Maori show and the sky gondola... apart from that there isn't much else to do in Queenstown except of course all the extreme activities and then there is always drinking, which I am ashamed to say I did quite a lot of...

In fact yesterday we started at midday and hit all the happy hours for all the pubs in Queenstown... finishing at 3am .. hmmm.. no wonder I am feeling a little rundown...

I wasn't a complete waster though I did manage to take in a trip to Te Anau and Milford Sounds... it left Queenstown at 6.30 am and I can't believe that I actually made it, neither could anyone else. It was definitely worth it though the scenery on there and on the way was breathtaking... Whoever said that NZ was a beautiful wasn't kidding...
We managed to take in a few famous sites, including some of the locations used in 'The Lord of the Rings' films... Standing under the waterfall had to be the highlight of the day though... it literally took my breath away.

Arrived in Christchurch yesterday after a 7 hour drive through the center of the South Isalnd and the stunning banks of Lake Tekapo, dropped off the campervan and have basically been sleeping since then... It's Jo and Khisty's last night in NZ today so there is no way that I am going to get away with another night off... Plus the Kiwi bus has just turned up.... ;o)

I'm planning on staying in Christchurch for a week... have managed to score a few nights free accommodation and plan on just chilling out, getting a plan of action together and getting myself back on my feet...

From Christchurch...

xx

No comments: