Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Buckle Bunnies Beware

Ok so the last time I wrote, I think I was going on about taking it easy for a few days 'cos the girls had left to go to Oz and I was on my own again... Or something like that?!

Boy was I wrong... ;o)

I met a Cowgirl... that’s right an authentic Kiwi Cowgirl. She'd been out with me and the girls and the rest of the 'Base backpacker' gang on Jo and Khirsty's final night, and no sooner had the girls left the following day I had a call from Shannon (Cowgirl) asking me if I wanted to join her on a 2 day road trip... we went to the Nature Reserve and Wildlife Park just outside of Christchurch we're I amused everyone by screaming at a pouncing cheetah shortly followed by almost falling out of Shannon’s car... I use the word 'car' very loosely :o/ We then drove to Hanmer Springs to chill out in the spa's there.

Anyway we hit it off and Shannon invited me to join her and her boyfriend Cowboy Cain for a Rodeo weekend in the South Island... How could I refuse...
We picked Cain up from the airport and hit Winchester for the first Rodeo... it was fantastic... lots of sun, fun, and beer... Those Cowboys sure know how to drink.
The second Rodeo of the season was the bigger of the 2 and was held in Methvan, it was packed, as was the town, I've never seen so many cowboy hats in my life... We partied hard and listened to lots of country music... I tried to learn the local etiquette as best I could... I think Shan may make a Cowgirl out of me yet ;o)

I have to say a massive thanx to Shan and Cain for not only taking me to the Rodeo, but for letting me & Mick (The Monkey) hitch a lift all the way back to Hamilton with them, and for them putting me up at their lovely hilltop farm home in Raglan... Raglan is beautiful.

Cheers Guys

Going to Waitomo Glowworm Caves this weekend to do some Blackwater Rafting, Caving & Abseiling (apparently down some waterfalls) should be challenging... or interesting if I have anything to do with it.

From a chilled out Sity in Hamilton...

xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sity just commenting cos I got that invitation thing and decided to check out where you are. It sounds/looks amazing. I've got a teaching job and just spending half term at my Mum's in Scotland. That about how adventuarous I am these days. Nevermind. keep having fun love Sarah x