Sunday, July 16, 2006

I Love Bali

Ok so back to civilisation... God I wanted to kiss the ground when I arrived here... after Borneo Bali seems like heaven... Its beautiful and swanky and the people are amazing.
I know, what can I say, I am a city girl, you can take the girl out of the city... but....
Anyway Kuta is great and after arriving at 9pm, I headed straight out with Kent, a friend that I made on the plan! We hit the town hard, and partied until the wee hours of the morning. I couln't sleep in late, so I decided to explore, and headed to Bali's cultural capital Ubud. It was great, and I just chilled out there for a while, before booking my trip to the Gili's, and having another wild night out... didn't get backl to my hostel (which is amazing by the way) until 5.45am and I was being picked up for the Gili's at 6am... Thus resulting in another 48 hours stint without sleep, which hopefully I will end tonight, but anything can happen, you know me!?
Unfortuantly I have developed a cold, and I feel the tingle of ear infection coming on, bar the fact that I felt like my head was going to explode on both my flights, so... No diving for a bit.. which sucks! :o(
Anyway to my utter disbelife I bumped into Dominic at a nightclub in Kuta (Dom is one of the guys I trekked with in Pai) It was soooo nice to see him after such a long time, so we hung out togethjer for a while... I should be seeing him again in Bali before I leave, so that will be nice!
Visited Lombok today too so have been pretty busy.
Not much else to say really except the Gili's are beautiful and chilled out and the people here are the friendliest I have met so far, should just be hanging out on the beach tomorrow with the gang that I met on the way over here. Went snorkling today and saw a turtle, as well as lots of jelly fish... not plesant, but they sure kept me on my toes! Am currently recovering from couple of stings!
From The Gili's...
xx

No comments: