Sunday, July 09, 2006

Cameron Home-Lands

After taking the Jungle Railway South to Jarantut, I made my way to Taman Nagara National Park, where I did my toughest trekking yet. Ventured across the canopy walkway, which was scary but exciting at the same time! Spent the night there at headed for the Cameron Highlands the following morning for a couple of days, before heading to KL. Stayed at a chilled out place called Brothers. It was nice in the Highlands, the climate was just like at home, sunny and cool, had to sleep with 2 blankets!!!
Anyway did a half day tour there where we visited a Temple (another one), a honey farm, the biggest flower centre in the Highlands, a strawberry farm, a butterfly park, (where I man-handled a scorpion) and the Boe Tea Plantation which was amazing.... Acers and Acers of tea plants… sorry for stating the obvious! lol
The bus journey from The Cameron Highlands to KL was breathtaking… Took a road that snaked through the central mountain range of Malaysia and then dense jungle as far as the eye could see! Nothing but the road, the jungle and us! I must have seen at least 14 waterfalls!!! I love the local bus!
Anyway I had the bright idea of taking a bit of a detoured from my travel itinerary and head somewhere different so am currently in Borneo… fly by the seat of my pants or what!
Not quite sure what I am doing here, apart from some more diving... apparently the best diving in the world... Guess we'll have to wait and see considering I'm still waiting for a diving permit!!!
Will keep you posted.
xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sity

Hope you are well.

If you want diving lessons I suggest you watch the world cup you could get some really good tips ;->

Anyways I hope to catch up soon.

Take care

Reetesh