Thursday, June 01, 2006

Perfect Pai

Out of all the places that I have been to so far I have to admit that Pai is my favorite.
Its really chilled out with some awesome bars and great people.

Went Trekking again for 2 days with the nicest trek guide you could ever imagine (Mam).
She taught us loads of cool stuff like how to make cups and chopstick from bamboo, and live off stuff that we found in the jungle.

We stayed in a little mountain village, where we helped to cook our own food, and drank the local whiskey, as well as taste some of the jungle vegetation (that you can't buy in the shops... if you know what I mean)

We visited the sweet shop (which was completely random), went to a beautiful waterfall which we climbed down and explored some caves. All in all it was amazing.

Really bonded with my trek buddies and guide so we all decided to go out on the town together.... Best not talk about that too much, but lets put it this was we didn't make it back to our hostels till around 8am!!!

Back in Chiang Mai at the moment after a very bumpy bus journey back.

Did the visa run to Burma to get my Thai visa renewed, that was interesting... At least I can say that I have been to Burma now, even if it was only for 20mins!

Heading back to Bangkok tomorrow night, hopefully after visiting the National Park an hour away from here.

Guess I'll give you an update when I get there

From Chiang Mai

xxx

0/2

No comments: