Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Kicking Kunchanaburi

After a 3 hour drive from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi, and having a tiff with our mini bus driver which almost resulted in Jason getting run over, we arrived safe and sound at the 'Jolly Frog Hostel'... wow, that's all I can say. The place was awesome.. I'll put the photos up of the views from our room when I get the chance, but basically it was in the most beautiful setting, it was chilled out, the food was amazing, and the staff were super friendly.

We visited the Tiger Temple on our first day, which is basically a Tiger sanctuary in the middle of nowhere, where Buddhist Monks keep tigers as pets?!

The pics explain it all!!!

On the second day we went on a tour with a few cool people that we met, visiting a number of fascinating places including a beautiful waterfall, the Death Railway, Hell Fire Pass and one of the bridges across The River Kwai.

Headed to Bangkok this morning on my way back down to the islands, where I guess I'll give you my next update from..

Till then... Take it easy kidz

xx

No comments: