Saturday, April 08, 2006

‘Panjim Heat’

Arrived in Panjim yesterday morning … visited the main Church here, had some very cheap food and just chilled out...
This is where the first Portugese settled in Goa and there is a lot of their influence around, from the beautiful buildings and churches to their way of life… I could easily get used to having a siesta everyday.
Met some locals last night who bought me a beer… they were intrigued to find out about our way of life back at home… I told them that they are not missing out on much!!!
p.s. – I am very poorly today… went to Old Goa to check out some more chapels and churches and was violently sick… I’m not quite sure if it’s the food, heat, or possibly alcohol…. Nah… couldn’t be that… could it? ;o)

Anyway I’ll try and upload some photos for you guys to check out some time this week.

From Panjim…. Over and Out

xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sity!

Ahh brings back some great memories.....Sounds like your well under way and its only been a couple of weeks. Have you been to Palolem Beach yet? Its a must see and if you find the small cafe in the coconut grove...left after the main road about 500m down the beach...go look for the Huge Indian dude with a big smile and some very nice cigarettes ;-)

Also Hampi is well worth a visit after your done there..Damn I want to go back now! ...and I may well be able to but more on that later.

Anyway sorry to hear youve already got Delhi Belly, clearly you did not consume enough Kebabs back home!

Enjoy

Charlie x