Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Bombay… The beeping City (Final Day)

Its our final day in Bombay and I have to admit, the City and its quirky ways has grown on me. The people although seeming to forever be in a hurry, are polite and friendly. Every inch of the City is covered with people trying to sell something… its crazy… I don’t know how anyone can survive.

Apart from someone trying to stick their finger in Matt’s ear, and me kicking some dirty street water at him, the stay so far has been relatively painless.

We visited ‘Chowpatty Beach’ and … (yes that’s right… beach… Bombay has a beach?!) ‘The Hills’ yesterday. Bombay’s version of Hollywood. Its supposed to be where all the Bollywood stars live and I can understand why, it’s a different world. No beggars, police presence and beautiful buildings.

Today we went to Elephant Island, its one of the World heritage Sites. The caves were lined with statues carved into the stones of some of the Hindu gods. It was beautiful, but hot.

We head out to Goa tonight, on a 10hr train ride. We have a sleeper carriage, but I fear that this is gonna be as comfy as I think, and will end up being one trip that I ill not be forgetting in a hurry, especially after seeing a train yesterday with people hanging off it.

Until Goa…

Over and Out Kidz

xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im not even sure if you are going to be able to get to read this amd i don't have your email address. Hope all is going well and that you are enjoying yourself. Miss you loads already,

Emma and Craig xx