Saturday, March 03, 2007

Picturesque Panama

From what I have seen of Panama so far, it is stunning. Unlike the mountainous beauty of Honduras the waters surrounding Panama´s Caribbean Islands of Bocas Del Toro are pristine.

13 of us set out from Puerto and after many hurdles and our final hairy Central American boarder crossing and a very ´cozy´ colectivo we made it to Bocas. From the 13, 7 were left standing, and what an amazing 7. Rocio, Danni, Andy, Dave, The Boyz )if you don´t know who they are by now, shame on you... Jesse and Sean aka José and Jean)and me.

We have spent the past few day hanging out on the Island of Bastimentos where we drank rum, got better acquainted and I actually managed to cook a meal for us all using only what I could get from the local supermarket... ´Yes, I actually cooked´. It was interesting and I´m not quite sure what to call it, but it hasn´t killed anyone... yet, and it was edible... Not bad for me.

We also took a boat tour around the islands where we spotted some dolphins and budgies... :o) We also snorkeled and I saw some of the most amazing coral that I have ever seen in my life... the water was crystal clear, vis was around 30 meters!!!
We saw some great marine life too, and even managed to get a fish for our dinner.
We hung out on the beach and swam in the sea and played baseball... or rounders... whatever you wanna call it. All in all we had a great time.

Back on the mainland killin´ time before we head to David tomorrow where I will say a very teary farewell to The Boyz... I don´t know what I am going to do without them... Guess we will have to wait and see

Next update should be from Panama City

Over and Out

xx

No comments: