Sunday, March 11, 2007

Lake Titi… What?

Peru is beautiful… a mixture of snow capped mountains, rivers, lakes, rolling hills and flat nothingness… What I love most about it is that it seems to have escaped much of the westernization that I have seen in many parts of rural Central America, and ´yes´ even though some places do put on ´The Show´ for the tourists, many people still live as they used to before Westernization took over

I took an overnight trip to Lake Titicaca… Although the lake itself was nothing to write home about the journey there and the lakes inhabitants made the 6 hr trip completely worth while.

It’s amazing to see how the indigenous people actually live out on the lake on floating islands made from reeds. Words can’t really begin to describe this unique colony.

I’ll try and get some photos up as soon as possible… Won’t be fore a while as I am embarking upon the 4 day hike also known as ´The Inca Trail´ to Machu Picchu tomorrow morning at 6am… Wish me luck I hear that it is grueling.

Guess I’ll chat to you again after the hike… if I make it back??!!

From Cuzco

xx

No comments: