Thursday, December 14, 2006

Beautiful Banff

I said a teary farewell to Chris and Jason and the rest of the Samsun gang, leaving Vancouver well and truly behind me. It rained a lot the last couple of days so to be honest I was glad to be going... Plus I got my foot caught in a bus door while I was there, which has left me emotionally wounded, I don't know if I will ever be able to return there again?!

I headed out to Banff for brighter sky's and fresh powder... I mean snow... idiot!

Don't worry though, I wasn't heading out alone. Met Chrissie (True Essex Chic) and Mark (Ozzy boy... surprise, surprise) and the three of us set out together! We arrived safe and sound after a hairy drive trough the Rockies!!!

Banff was pristine and maybe even a little pretentious, but what do you expect, it was founded as a resort. Got trollied the first night which didn't really do us any favors. Chrissie and I had planned to spend the Morning sightseeing at Lake Louise (more like snowfield at this time of year) and then the afternoon on the slopes. I'm pleased to admit however that against all odds, WE STILL MADE IT! Subsequently I am covered in even more bruises than I had stated in my previous blogg... If that is at all possible!?

Anyway I'm in Calgary now heading East across Canada... Have to take a little detour tomorrow to Dallas... Texas... Gonna go and hang out with Mike (Green Tortoise Hostel, San Fran) Can't wait! Then off to Montreal... I think.

I really have no clue what is going on with my flights... every time I call up to confirm, I find out they have changed?! Whoever’s messin' around with them you best stop!!! Otherwise who knows where I will end up.

Ok Guess I'll catch you crazy kidz in Texas!

p.s - You will be pleased to know that I have managed to find a USB connection... In the library... yeah that’s right... I'm in the library.... cheeky!
BUT... It won't let me download the tool that I need to upload my pics...

Guess I'll have to try and give it a go in Texas!

Yee-haa for now

xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Essex Girl - oh yeah! You better hurry home, my straighteners and fake tan await you!!!

Take care of yourself and I'll be seeing you soon Gorg!

xxx