Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Going out with a Bang

My last couple of days in Rio were.... How can I put it... bloody fantastic... fantastic but messy none the less...

Almost missed my flight... after trekking up Sugar loaf Mountain and hangliding over Rio and hitting the biggest street party in Brazil, I was beat, not to mention drunk as a lord and subsequently completely hungover... All in all the best 2 days of my life.

I managed to get a great team of people together to paint the City red with, and even convinced a few people to jump off a cliff with me!!! It was great... The hangliding that is... something that I have always wanted to do and a great way to end my trip. The street party was insane... soo many people, sooo many bars, and toooo many drinks.

I'm going to be sorry to say goodbye to Rio, it's been a great place. I was apprehensive about coming here because of what I heard about the crime but after being here I would recommend it to anyone... It's completely safe as long as you keep your wits about you, stick to the policed areas, travel in groups and don't get completely drunk and provoke boyz into play fighting with you and hitting you in the arms as hard as they can.... hmmm... I wonder who did that...???!!! wooops... check out the photos if you wanna see the damage... It's not as bad as it looks... besides you should have see the state of the other guy... honest... lol

Anyway guess the next place that I'll catch you from is home....?!!!

From Rio

xx

No comments: