Sunday, February 04, 2007

Gastronomic Guatemala

The last 3 days have been awesome.

I managed to get myself stuck at Lake Attilan after running into a friend (Claudio) from Antigua. Claudio has a beautiful house in San Marcos on the lake and kindly invited me to stay with him. I also met Dave and Lil there who I had a great time hanging out with... The lake is stunning.

Arrived back in Antigua just in time for my hike up Volcano Pacuya, much to my (pleasant) surprise I found Jessy & Sean were on the same hike (2 hilarios yanks from my hostel). I haven´t laughed so much in ages... all the way to and up the volcano to the stumble in the dark down and the fun packed journey back to Antigua where we had to stop to carry out some road side assistenace.

Also managed to catch a show with the ´real´ Bueno Vista Social CLub... bloody fantastic.

All in all I have some fantastic memories from Antigua, and the fun continues...

I met Hok... My first ever Lithuanian encounter! We hung out in Antigua for a couple of days and have now decided to travel together for a while.

After leaving GUatemala we arrived in sunny El Salvador passing through Santa Ana and into San Salvador. We are not quite sure what exactaly we are doing here, but we are having some laughs and probably gonna hit the beach.

Hok is an interesting character, a famous, fantasic, musician, journalist and relife worker... the list is endless and if I could find the right words to describe him, I would. Maybe you should check out his myspace and see for yourself...

www.myspace.com/hokshila

Anyway for some reason I cannot access my email account? Does anyone know what is up with hotmail? Or is it just me? (relplys posted on my site would be appreciated or to sitypatel@gmail.com)

ok amigos... adios from El Salvador

xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweety,

Not sure if you have been able to login to MSN yet, i havn't had any problems over the past few days. I hope whatever problem is fixed for you next time. (It wasn't me this time YEAY!)

Have a nice time in El Salvador, take care darl'.

Mikey
xx

src="http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=minimike.jpg"

Anonymous said...

Yo yo yo...hey there chica how you doin? well Jesse and I made it into Honduras and after some great chicken bus rides and a drunk guy in Puerto Barrios that showed us around town while freestyle rapping at 9am on sunday, a good hardworking boy if i ever heard of one! so all is well and i was so happy to see that we made the print on your web page, i am pretty sure that between that and our latino tv appearance our careers are on the verge of stardom! we are stoked, team america fuck yeah! and that is why we are practicing our synchronized swimming...no videos yet but i do say yet. come to Utila or we will meet up headin south. peace out player.

-sean and jesse

Unknown said...

sup playa =) i'm glad to hear you are doing well. hok looks cool . . . call me if you ever get a chance. miss you. freezing my nipples off twice daily-

j