Monday, February 19, 2007

Not so great Nica

Ok so it wasn´t that bad but after spending the past week in paradise, we all had to admit that Nicaragua was slightly disappointing.
After a hop skip and a jump across the boarder, involving a squirrel, the most interesting but not so romantic St Valentines day (thanx Sean... and Jesse, you´re the best) and yet another chicken bus, the boyz and I arrived at the Bearded Monkey... That would be our hostel in Granada.
We spent a couple of days in Granada taking in the sights, climbing the bell tower (where I hit my head on a bell!!!), running into Trevor (The Ozzy from Copan)and having a play in the park before hitting the road again.
Granada reminded us a lot of Antigua, except on a much smaller scale and not so much fun... There was only one bar for pete sake and I´m figuring I probably won´t be able to show my face there again considering I spat my drink out all over some lady... (by accident... well Jesse was making me laugh).

Ok so we shot across the boarder pretty quick ´cos we had to be in San José (Costa Rica) in time to pick up Uncle Charlie (Jesse´s uncle from The States.
We spent a crazy night in San José dancing our asses off with Geoff (Sean´s mate from school whom lives in the city) and a lot of drunk but friendly locals. It was great, it´s been ages since we hung out with locals and it was a great night.

We left the next day to rendezvous with Uncle Charlie and headed straight for the Pacific Coast. We´re basically chillin´ out which is cool ´cos I need to straighten out my back... I use the phrase ´chillin out´ in the loosest possible term. Aside from hittin the beach, we have been to a Rodeo Carnival (where we danced some more) and explored the National Park in Mal Pais on our newly rented bikes... (we saw some Howlers).

Anyway the plan for the next week is just to chill here with Uncle Charlie and then maybe head into Panama together.

I guess I´ll update you when needed, but rest assured that the guys are watching out for me and I´m in good hands.

Adios for now

xx

No comments: