Saturday, November 11, 2006

"Bust a cap in your ass"

My welcome to America was being forced by customs to book a hostel in LA before I arrived there... Arriving 'there' was weird enough for me seeing as I gained a day on my way over here?! :o/ In fact I actually landed here before I took off in Auckland :o/

So upon the recommendation of a 'Friend' and the 'S**t Planet' I chose Backpacker 'Paradise'... In INGLEWOOD... hmmm. You may ask yourself, 'What’s wrong with Inglewood', well, lets put it this way... There was a drive by shooting in Inglewood last week, behind my hostel, and, all guests were warned not to go outside after dark!!!

I managed to get hold of my friend Anita (a trekking buddy of mine from Thailand) who just so happened to be having a house part last night! and I'm currently residing with her in a rather nice part of Orange County... Thanx 'Nita, awesome party.

For all its flaws, I LOVE America!!!

Can't wait to hit San Diego this week...

xx

P.S. Did a massive tour of LA yesterday... All the touristy hot spots... Sunset Strip, Hollywood Boulevard... blah blah blah, blah blah blah. You gotta love being a tourist... so cheesy!!!

No comments: