Friday, May 26, 2006

Spirited Chiang Mai

I have had the most awesome time in Chiang Mai, the city is great, just like the people in it.
On my first day here I walked around the city and took in all the sites. I kept being stopped by the locals for a chat as they were curious as to where I was from, I even got stopped by a monk who took me to a Wat where we prayed together.... how awesome is that?!!!

I haven't updated you for a bit 'cos I have also beet trekking through the jungle, and then enrolled on a Thai cooking course for a day... I'm telling you I've never done anything like it... No, not cooking, I was referring to the trekking!

I'll get some photos up when I get a good enough connection.

Meet some really great people, and we got to know eachother pretty well, after spending a couple of days out in the jungle together... Hoping that we will all manage to keep in touch, (If any of you are reading this, just wanted to thankyou for making my trek so great)

Heading to Pai tomorrow and then probably Burma for a visa run :o/ will let you know what the plan is from there..

Hope you are all well

Take it easy
xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to YOU ! Never spent three wonderful days like these ! You'd better keep in touch ! Don't think I'm scared of you just because you are some "bouncer" ;-)))) Greg

Anonymous said...

Hi Syb...
All good here...well normal compared to your "new" life!

Hope you are taking care of yourself...

Have an ice-cream on me as you missed the last run to the canteen!

Nix x