Thursday, January 28, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Yes… I made it… It’s still Jan so I can still with everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR… right?
Anyway I know that these blogs are coming even fewer and far between, but at least that means I’m keeping buys.
I can’t believe that it’s been 4 years since I started this thing!?
So what’s been happening… well aside from continuing my work in Vietnam, it turns out that I will probably be in Asia (based in Singapore) for another year or so.. Not a bad thing considering the economic situation back in the UK… although I’m missing home and my friends heaps at the mo.. Xmas is always a tough time in that respect.. French Polynesia definitely did a lot to ward off the home sickness for a while though… Damn Bora Bora was so beautiful… we’ll be hard pressed to beat it for an Island paradise that’s for sure… especially seeing as all the places I’ve returned to since starting this have turned out to be a huge disappointment :o(
I know I’ve been working in Vietnam for a while now, and I am still loving it… it grows on you.. trust me! But being away from home for so long is beginning to take its toll… I’m losing touch with lots of people and seem to be missing out of a lot of weddings and babies too.. I guess I’m getting to that age now :o/ Maybe it’s time to hang up the traveling boots? I reckon I’ve still got a couple of years left in them yet.. but one thing’s for sure… I need to make a plan… hmmmm. Any ideas… anyone?
I read an article the other day about ‘The Quarter Life Crisis’ and it certainly rung true for me.. I have no idea what I wanna do.. I know I have choices and that a great thing, but what to do, what to do??? I envy those people who single mindedly have a goal and go after it, but then one has to wonder if it’s not just as advantageous to be open minded and just ‘go with the flow’ so to speak? Maybe I’ll become a teacher.. isn’t that what everyone that doesn’t know what to do does? No offence to all the great, inspirational teachers out there… or… go back to being a student !!!! Ahhhhhhh… Although once again, don’t you have to kind of have to know where you want that to take you?
So as you can probably tell.. I’m at a bit of a cross roads in my life at the mo. Who knows where I’ll end up? One thing I do know is that I have determination and the support of lot’s of amazing people in my life (one in particular) that will certainly see me though... whatever the outcome.
I guess you’ll know when I know.
Keep reading Readers!
x

No comments: