Friday, March 04, 2011

London Calling?...

OMG!!! I can’t believe that I haven’t written a blog in a year?!! I guess that just go’s to show how busy (or slack) I have been. Just reading though my last blog makes me realise how little has changed over the past year.. That’s not to say that it’s been a quite year.. if only.
Casting my mind back I recall a change in Projects (and country from Vietnam to Cambodia), 3 trips back home to the UK… 1 funeral, 2 Operations, 3 weddings, and a break up!
Yes, that’s right I’m single and on a rampage to regain control of my life and my self-respect again… this include a serious dose of ‘what the hell was I thinking’, followed by punishing myself at the gym on a daily basis and drinking copious amounts of alcohol.. all in all not a not a bad plan I feel.
I’m tired of thinking about the past and what has been... It’s time to look to the future and start opening up to new opportunities… I thought I had my entire life mapped out when the rug was pulled from underneath me… It’s not how hard you fall, I guess, but how you deal with it afterwards that defines you… I’m trying to pick myself back up with a shred of dignity ana little pride thrown in for good measure.
I’ve started networking in Singapore a lot and tried to throw myself in to as many extra curricula activities as possible, I thought it was about time I tried to build a life for myself out here, after all I have been here for 3 years! This includes volunteering at the YMCA (helping the disadvantaged youth of Singapore. I’m finding that helping others makes me realize how lucky I am… maybe it’s not cool to get off on other peoples misfortunes, but I have the best of intentions at heart.. I promise), and drinking, lots and lots of drinking, did I already mention that?! ;o)
Anyway I’m not sure what the future will bring… I’m glad I have had the opportunity to work in South East Asia, but it may be time to move on to pastures new… in this though emotional time, London is calling, but I’m already half way around the work so why not stop off at a few places along the way… Maybe Australia for a year, followed by America… It’s sad ‘cos over the past 3 years most of the reasons I would have had to haul ass straight back to London have slowly diminished… and by ‘reasons’ I mean friends… that’s not to say that the core few that remain, and you know who you are, are not dearly loved, appreciated and missed!
Once again you’ll have to watch this space (hopefully not for as long as last time) to wait and see what happens!
It was nice catching up with you guys again.
Till the next time…

No comments: